In today’s lesson we will analyze two different graphs utilizing the vocabulary and grammatical concepts that we have covered during our previous lesson.
Look at the graphs below what kind of information do they show
Look at the graph above and in a notebook answer the following questions
- Which the month with the highest temperature?
- Which is the month with the lowest temperature?
- Which is the month with the most rain
- Which is the month with the least rain?
- Is there anything else in the graph that is interesting?
Critical thinking Questions
In pairs look at the graphs again discuss the following questions and share your ideas with the class
- What extreme weather do you think this place might have?
- What problems might this cause for the people who live there?
Today class we are going to watch a video about a group people known as storm chasers before we watch the video together lets discuss the following questions:
- What is your favorite weather? Why?
- What is your least favorite weather? Why?
Write your responses on the following link
Preparing to Watch
Complete the vocabulary exercise (exercise 1 pg. 204 Reading & writing) or the exercise below
Read the dictionary definitions below what do you think is a storm chaser
Write your ideas on the following link
We are now going to watch a short video about storm chasers, while you watch the video remember to answer the questions. The questions can be found in your text book on pgs. 206-209 exercises4-9 or you can download the following PDF from the link shown below
Watch and Listen Unit 6 Reading & Writing
After Video Discussion
Get in pairs and discuss the following questions
Do you think Reed Timmer enjoys his job? Why?
Share your ideas on the following link:
Lets start off today’s class with a discussion
In pairs discuss the following questions:
- What kind of weather do you prefer when you are working, studying or on holiday? Why?
- Do you think the climate is changing in the world generally? Why?
- Have you ever experienced water shortage or a flood? Do you do anything in your daily life to try & help with the problem?
Use the following chat room to discuss these questions (remember to use your proper name).