Todays reading will be about Coral reefs using the pad let brainstorm as many things as you know about “Coral Reefs”
Read the following article about coral reefs
1. Decide which answer A-D best expresses the main idea of the text best
A. The structure and location of coral reefs
B. Fish exports from Papua New Guinea
C. The economic importance of coral reefs
D. Female unemployment in costal villages
What is wrong with the other options ?
2. Complete the exam task below:
Answer the questions.
Choose NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER from the passage for each answer.
1. According to the writer, what do coral reefs look like?
2. How many countries have a coral reef close to their coastline?
3. What proportion of workers in the Maldives fish for a living?
4. Which activity is more than half of the Maldives’ based on?
5. How can people usually get to reef fisheries?
6. What do Indian women often help to make?
7. What is usually exchanged for wood by women on Ulithi Atoll?
3. Complete the True and False Questions below:
1. The majority of coral reefs are in shallow waters.
2. Many people make a living from coral reefs.
3. The only way to make money from coral reefs is to sell the products.
4. Women do not normally go fishing on boats.
5. In india, women often help to wash and prepare fish before it is sold.
6. Women cannot borrow money in Papua New Guinea.